Marketing and Design Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Marketing and Communications Manager
FLSA STATUS: Salary, Exempt, FT
Apply for Marketing and Design Coordinator position here.
This position will implement the activities and operations of the Marketing Department, including coordinating the venue website, mobile app, social media, and graphic design functions. The marketing coordinator will work with minimum supervision and direction to prepare and execute social media campaigns, and support all marketing and communication initiatives. The marketing coordinator’s ultimate goal is to assist the rest of the department in any way needed to ensure the success of all SMG Minneapolis/U.S. Bank Stadium events.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the venue’s website and mobile app, ensuring all information is up-to-date and accurate.
- Serve as the social media voice of U.S. Bank Stadium, stay on top of industry and social media trends, and interact with fans while promoting events through multiple platforms before, during and after stadium events.
- Manage the stadium’s social brand through content creation, graphic design, producing and executing social media plans, reporting on social analytics, creating and managing social advertising campaigns.
- Develop e-commerce and social media strategies targeted at maximizing awareness, building strong brand identity and leveraging ticket sales.
- Serve as a digital customer service representative and coordinate efforts with the Guest Experience Department.
- Develop and design all graphic materials across all departments including, but not limited to, collateral materials, ads, direct mail pieces, e-newsletters, digital venue and website advertising, flyers, signage and other materials as needed for the venue and its events.
- Conceptualize and execute traditional, grassroots and social media promotions for event marketing.
- Update and deliver event calendars and online event listings.
- Create and disseminate digital communication to venue database and subscribers using various platforms including Ticketmaster Messenger/Mail Manager.
- Manage Google Analytics account and track trends/traffic in Ticketmaster 360.
- Coordinate with in-house photographer for all events and assist with internal photography needs.
- Assist Marketing and Communications Manager with local and national advertising, promotions, media relations and communications support.
- Assist Marketing and Communications Manager with writing copy for various marketing collateral including but not limited to ad creation, website and email copy needs, reports and sales materials.
- Maintain the stadium’s archives (i.e. press clips, photos, etc.) and printed collateral.
- Assist outside design agencies and other entities with creation of large projects, coordination of assets, printing projects and other supplies as needed.
- Download, catalog and log the value of U.S. Bank Stadium and show media clips and mentions.
- Create relevant reports that provide insight into online consumer behavior and recommendations for improvement.
- Manage all creative assets in an organized manner.
- Represent SMG/U.S. Bank Stadium at the stadium’s events as needed.
Qualifications & Skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously, while meeting tight deadlines.
- Excellent proofreading abilities and writing/verbal communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with advertisers, employees, and the public.
- Ability to plan, organize, and implement advertising, promotion, publicity and social media programs.
- Ability to prepare effective reports.
- Desire to work both as a team-player and work on projects individually.
- Demonstrate high level of energy and self-motivation to work effectively and enthusiastically with co-workers with a wide-range of personalities.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality and use discretion when privy to sensitive information.
- Ability to work long, irregular hours as dictated by programming, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year college or university in marketing, public relations, mass communications, journalism or related field preferred.
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite (Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign), Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- HTML, event marketing and photography experience is a plus, but not required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here. This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements and a cover letter for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.