Human Resources Manager
REPORTS TO: Director of Finance
FLSA STATUS: Salary, Exempt
Apply for Human Resources Manager position here.
The Human Resources Manager will perform all aspects of Human Resource Operations, as well as administration and maintenance of all Facility Benefit Programs, consistent with SMG policies.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Follows SMG Human Resources policies to assure compliance with legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resource functions. Maintains compliance with state regulations concerning employment.
- Administers various Human Resources plans and procedures for all facility personnel.
- Performs recruitment activities. Writes and places advertisements. Recruits, interviews, tests, and selects employees with the Hiring Manager to fill vacant positions. Plans and conducts new employee orientations.
- Keeps records of benefit plans participation such as insurance and pension plan, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, and terminations, and employee statistics for government reporting.
- Coordinates training or trains Managers in interviewing, hiring, terminations, promotions, performance management, performance review, safety, and sexual harassment. Coordinates training or trains employees in SMG Customer Service Training.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues. Point person for the unions and grievances. Advises the corporate office of EEOC complaints and other employee relations problems.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review and salary administration program.
- Administers benefit programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, pension plans, vacation, sick leave, leave of absence and employee assistance.
- Investigates accidents and prepares reports for insurance carrier.
- Prepares employee separation notices and related documentation, and conducts exit interviews to determine reasons behind separations.
Directly supervises the Human Resources Department staff. The Human Resources Manager carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with SMG policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding; disciplining employees in conjunction with Human Resources; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university.
2-3 years related experience and/or training.
Or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience administering benefit programs.
Union experience as a member of the management team.
PHR or SPHR is preferred.
Skills and Abilities
Solid knowledge of principles and practices of personnel administration.
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential.
Familiarity with COBRA, ERISA, FMLA and related state and federal regulations required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge using Microsoft office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook. Experience with ADPO or HRIS software payroll systems desirable.
Irregular hours and minimal land and/or air travel may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here. This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements and a cover letter for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.