HR Assistant - Part Time
Apply for Guest Experience Lead position here.
DEPARTMENT: Human Resources
REPORTS TO: HR Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt, PT
The HR Assistant will assist the HR team on various tasks and activities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Making new hire packets and benefit packets for job fairs and new hires.
- Assist at job fairs with the processing of paperwork.
- Assisting with the onboarding of new hires which can include keying in background checks, entering in the payroll system and filing of new hires.
- Assist with filing of HR related paperwork into employee files.
- Completing employment verifications and unemployment insurance inquires.
- Outreach to various organizations to promote our open positions and/or volunteer opportunities on major event days.
- Other HR related administrative tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Minimum 1 year experience in an office environment.
- HR and/or Payroll background is a plus.
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees, representatives and the general public. Remaining flexible and willing to assist employees.
- Able to work alone on a broad variety of projects.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills essential.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in MS Office. Especially Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- This position requires some stooping and lifting. Must be able to stand or sit for long periods of time.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.