Guest Experience Representative - Part Time
Apply for Guest Experience Representative position here.
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Guest Experience Lead
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt, PT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Experience Representative for SMG/U.S. Bank Stadium.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Meet and greet all guests entering U.S. Bank Stadium, check for valid tickets when necessary
- Be personal and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating sections and key attractions within U.S. Bank Stadium and surrounding areas i.e. Plazas, Park, Light Rail.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Receive and quickly act upon requests or complaints from guests; refer serious problems to supervisory staff.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of U.S. Bank Stadium layout, seating Sections, key venue attractions, key venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
- Enforce stadium and league rules, regulations and policies.
- Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury.
- In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating U.S. Bank Stadium, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Monitor all public areas to maintain order and safety.
- Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to supervisory staff.
- Cohesively work in conjunction with other departments, including Minneapolis Police Department, security, food service, box office, retail, parking, custodial/housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Perform additional functions and activities as directed by the Manager, Guest Experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or GED
- Previous experience in venue events.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
The ideal candidate possesses a high level of integrity, passion, energy, a positive attitude, the ability to adapt to different situations, a strong work ethic, and a mindset for teamwork. Candidates must have excellent customer service skills and the desire to help others.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge using Microsoft office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be age 18 or older.
- Available weeknights, weekends and holidays (as needed)
- Must be available 3-4 hours prior to event kick-off and approximately 1-2 hours after each event
- Employees will be required to work all major events at U.S. Bank Stadium including Vikings home games and special events such as:
- Kenny Chesney – May 5
- X Games – July 19-22
- Taylor Swift – August 31 & Sept 1
- Ed Sheeran – October 20
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Job requires employee to function in a high activity and heavily crowded professional sports venue. May work at heights.
- Employee could be exposed to inclement weather of varying degrees.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for long periods of time, walk long distances, and climb up/down stairs. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 45 pounds. Employee may be asked to work at heights.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here.
Please include a recent copy of your resume with a cover letter. Only candidates that apply through our online system will be considered.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.