Guest Experience Lead - Part Time
Apply for Guest Experience Lead position here.
DEPARTMENT: Event Services
REPORTS TO: Guest Services Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt, PT
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for a Guest Experience Lead for SMG/U.S. Bank Stadium. Responsible for overseeing a specified number of Guest Experience Representatives with different skilled positions located throughout the stadium.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Lead a team of over ten (10) Guest Experience Representatives in an area located in or outside of the stadium.
- Brief team members prior to going on post at every event ensuring that each team member is knowledgeable about event activities and prepared for the duties of his/her post.
- Prepare event day paperwork including team member assessments and post incident reports.
- Work both cooperatively with Management and independently to resolve any team member or patron-related issues.
- Understand the scope of the Reward & Recognition program to ensure that team members demonstrating “Above & Beyond” service are properly acknowledged.
- Coach team members on Guest Experience Program policies as needed.
- Meet and greet all guests entering U.S. Bank Stadium, check for valid tickets when necessary.
- Be personal and pro-active in providing assistance to all guests with the highest level of customer service and hospitality.
- Assist guests by providing accurate directions to seating section and key attractions within U.S. Bank Stadium and surrounding areas i.e. Plazas, Park, Light Rail.
- Establish and maintain cooperative relationship with those contacted in the course of work.
- Responsible for working in a variety of areas including elevators, stairwells, aisles and in premium clubs.
- Retain an extensive knowledge of U.S. Bank Stadium layout, seating Sections, key venue attractions, key venue personnel identity, and emergency activity procedures.
- Enforce stadium and league rules, regulations and policies.
- Provide immediate assistance to and emergency notification of guests in the event of an accident or injury.
- In the event of an emergency, assist in evacuating U.S. Bank Stadium, while maintaining a calm, professional demeanor.
- Monitor all public areas to maintain order and safety.
- Perform daily safety and security checks within assigned area as well as throughout the stadium; report all substandard or inadequate findings to Management.
- Cohesively work in conjunction with other departments, including Minneapolis Police Department, security, food service, box office, retail, parking, custodial/housekeeping, and maintenance.
- Perform additional functions and activities as directed by the Manager, Guest Experience.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with all policies and applicable laws
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- College Degree
- Must have 2 plus years of Supervisory experience.
- Previous experience in venue events.
- Previous experience in a customer service role.
Skills and Abilities
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects.
- Demonstrate problem-solving and communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
- Professional presentation, appearance and work ethic.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge using Microsoft office including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Must be age 18 or older.
- Nice, warm and courteous.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and able to provide excellent customer service and hospitality.
- Communicate articulately.
- Maintain a professional appearance and grooming.
- Able to stand for long periods of time. Walk long distances, and climb stairs.
- Must be a team player who is able to work well in a fast paced environment.
- Must be available to work ALL Vikings home games and all of the major and/or ticketed U.S. Bank Stadium events such as:
- Kenny Chesney- May 5
- X Games – July 19-22
- Taylor Swift – August 31 & Sept 1
- Ed Sheeran – October 20
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
NOTE: The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.