REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt, FT
Apply for AP Accountant position here.
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for an AP/Procurement Accountant for SMG U.S. Bank Stadium. The AP/Procurement Accountant assists in the daily financial operations of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all A/P processing tasks including reviewing and securing authorization for invoice payments, checking invoices for proper coding, vendor setup, entering invoices into Solomon and processing checks.
- Prepare and record light journal entries.
- Perform month-end close tasks as defined by manager, including GL analysis and account reconciliations.
- Uses the MBE, WBE, VBE database to research companies and receive quotes on purchasing activities.
- Selects vendors, assesses vendor capabilities, develops alternate sources, evaluates vendor performance and negotiates price and delivery of goods and services.
- Responsible for maintaining all files for maintenance contracts and provides the appropriate department head with timely notifications when contracts are too re-bid.
- Ascertains that Purchase Orders are properly completed and terms and conditions of purchases are appropriate.
- Assures that department records are maintained and purchases are followed-up or expedited when required. Department records include price histories used to provide information on price variances.
- Recommends major purchases of materials based on anticipated changes in prices or on unusual availability situations.
- Analyzes facility purchasing needs and identifies effective and efficient solutions.
- Determines appropriate inventory levels and budgets often utilizing computerized tracking systems.
- Undertakes specifically assigned projects relating to procurement and provides summaries, reports and recommendations on these subjects.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
- Minimum 2 years’ comparable work experience, including Procurement
Skills and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of financial accounting
- Excellent data entry, intermediate accounting and journal entry skills
- Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Ability to function both independently and as a team member
- Ability to meet specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure, with close attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software and be willing to learn and use accounting and financial reporting software.
Irregular hours may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here. This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements and a cover letter for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.