REPORTS TO: Accounting Manager
FLSA STATUS: Hourly, Non-Exempt, FT
Apply for Accountant position here.
SMG, the leader in privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and immediate opening for the Accountant for SMG U.S. Bank Stadium. The Accountant assists in the daily financial operations of the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform all A/R processing tasks including reviewing and securing authorization for invoice entry, proper coding event settlements and deposits, customer setup, entering invoices into Solomon and processing statements.
- Review and finalize rental event settlements and work with clients on payment.
- Prepare Game Day invoicing.
- Prepare and enter payroll journal entries.
- Prepare ticketing and in-house box office scheduled and journal entries.
- Prepare and record miscellaneous journal entries.
- Enter deposits into A/R module and research payments as necessary.
- Perform month-end close tasks as defined by manager, including GL analysis and account reconciliations.
- Performs other duties and functions as delegated by accounting manager.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
B.S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university
Minimum 2 years’ comparable work experience
Skills and Abilities
Thorough knowledge of financial accounting
Excellent data entry, intermediate accounting and journal entry skills
Effective communication, interpersonal and organizational skills required
Ability to function both independently and as a team member
Ability to meet specific deadlines and successfully work under pressure, with close attention to detail
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of spreadsheets and word processing software and be willing to learn and use accounting and financial reporting software.
Irregular hours may be required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to move around the facility; to stand for long hours during events; talk and hear. This position may require work inside or outside of the building, as needed by events.
The essential responsibilities of this position are described under the headings above. They may be subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position.
Please fill out application form here. This position offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements and a cover letter for consideration.
Applicants that need reasonable accommodations to complete the application process may contact- 612-777-8727.
SMG is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.